The drug Lopimune/Ritoheet-L (Ritohit-L) is a combination of two active ingredients against HIV: ritonavir 50 mg and lopinavir 200 mg.
Lopinavir is a protease inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus types 1 and 2. It has the property of preventing the breakdown of a particular polyprotein, which causes the production of a virus that is immature and non-infectious.
Ritonavir, which is also one of the active ingredients of the drug, is a peptidomimetic inhibitor of two types of HIV viruses (1 and 2), also used orally.
Taking the drug stops the replication of new copies of the virus.
Active ingredients: 1 tablet contains lopinavir 200 mg and ritonavir 50 mg
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
Treatment of HIV-infected patients in combination with other antiretroviral drugs.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION METHOD:
Recommended dosages (taken regardless of food intake):
– 400/100 mg (2 tablets of 200/50 mg) 2 times a day;
– 800/200 mg (4 tablets of 200/50 mg) once a day in patients with less than three lopinavir-associated mutations.
You should consider the need to increase the dose of lopinavir / ritonavir to 500/125 mg (2 tablets of 200/50 mg and 1 tablet of 100/25 mg) when used in combination with efavirenz, nevirapine, amprenavir or nelfinavir in patients who have previously received treatment, and which may include a decrease in sensitivity to lopinavir.
Children with a body weight of 40 kg or more or with a body surface area of 1.4 – 2 square meters or more use an adult dose of 400/100 mg 2 times a day (without the concomitant use of efavirenz, nevirapine, nelfinavir or amprenavir).
It is not used if the patient has an increased sensitivity (allergy).
Contraindicated in severe violations of the liver.
It should not be used simultaneously with certain drugs, in particular:
– alfuzosin hydrochloride, fusidic acid, astemizole, terfenadine, blonanserin, midazolam, triazolam, cisapride, lovastatin, simvastatin, salmeterol, pimozide, amiodarone, ergot alkaloids, sildenafil;
– with preparations containing St. John’s wort.
Pregnancy and lactation
For the treatment of pregnant women, it can be used with great care, in case of urgent need.
If there is a need to take this drug, then during treatment lactation (breastfeeding) should be stopped.
Use for impaired liver function
Ritoheet-L should be used with caution in patients with moderate hepatic impairment.
Contraindication: severe liver failure.
Use for impaired renal function
In patients with renal failure, dose adjustment is not required. Caution should be exercised in patients with severe renal failure.
Use in children
The safety and pharmacokinetics of lopinavir / ritonavir in children less than 6 months of age have not been established. In HIV-infected children aged 6 months to 12 years, the profile of adverse events in the clinical study was similar to that in adults.
Use in elderly patients
With caution, the drug should be used in elderly patients (over 65 years old).
Therapy with this drug can cause adverse reactions. Among them were observed:
– rash, bullous rash, itching, allergic urticaria, anaphylactic shock;
– flu-like syndrome, otitis media, pharyngitis, bronchitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, furunculosis, sialadenitis, gastroenteritis, bacterial or viral infection, bronchopneumonia;
– cellulitis, folliculitis;
– benign and malignant neoplasms;
– anemia, leukopenia, lymphadenopathy, neutropenia;
– hypogonadism (in men), Cushing’s syndrome, hypothyroidism;
– hypovitaminosis, dehydration, edema, increased appetite, lactic acidosis, obesity, anorexia, diabetes mellitus, hyperglycemia, hypocholesterolemia, lipomatosis;
– sleep disturbance, mood changes, anxious dreams, agitation, anxiety, apathy, confusion, depression, dyskinesia, decreased libido, nervousness, impaired thinking;
– headache, including migraine, paresthesia, facial paralysis, convulsions, intracranial hypertension, neuropathy;
– violations of the organs of vision, hearing;
– palpitations, myocardial infarction, atrial flutter, arterial hypertension, thrombophlebitis, orthostatic hypotension, vasculitis, varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis, vasodilation, angina pectoris;
– pulmonary edema, shortness of breath, cough, asthma;
– diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, flatulence, constipation, gastroesophageal reflux, dry mouth, dysphagia, enterocolitis, colitis, belching, esophagitis, fecal incontinence, gastritis, enteritis, gastroenteritis, hemorrhagic enteritis, mucous rheumatoid arthritis , pancreatitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, abdominal discomfort, pain in the lower abdomen, duodenitis, stomach and intestinal ulcers, rectal bleeding, gastrointestinal bleeding rarely – hemorrhoids;
– cholecystitis, hepatitis, hepatomegaly, fatty liver, soreness of the liver, jaundice, cholangitis;
– rash, acne, eczema, dermatitis, allergic dermatitis;
– arthralgia, osteoarthritis, myalgia, pain in the limbs;
– nephrolithiasis, nephritis, hyperuricemia, hematuria, renal failure;
– Ejaculation disorders, amenorrhea, gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, menorrhagia.
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 3 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place, out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.